Successful Training and Facilitation Skills: The What’s, Why’s and How’s
This interactive, two-day train-the-trainer session is designed to build and further expand participants’ ability to conduct effective training and learning programs or workshops. The program combines theory with practical application throughout the two days.
What We Cover
The first day focuses on theory and impromptu presentations by participants. The second day concentrates on practice presentations. Each participant has an opportunity to conduct a 15-minute segment from training programs they will conduct in the future. During their practice presentations, they will give instructions for exercises, facilitate a group discussion, handle disruptive behavior, and provide feedback. A debriefing follows each practice presentation where the individual receives feedback from a peer and the facilitator as well as a videotape of their presentation for future review.
A 30-minute one-on-one coaching session is provided for each new trainer immediately following the first formal training session they conduct to further reinforce skills and build their confidence.
Who Should Attend
People in leadership positions, team members and individuals working with a diverse employee group.
The program increases self-awareness and acceptance of the value of diverse experiences. And, it reinforces the power of dialog for bridging those differences.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe how individual filters shape perceptions and interpretations of events.
- Discuss the root cause of communication breakdowns and how they relate to individual filters.
- Describe how these filters influence the decision-making process.
- Explain how life experiences define the things they are attracted to.
- Better manage the triggers that underlie emotional reactions.